FedCash® Services: Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta and its branches in New Orleans, Jacksonville, and Miami implement mandatory armored carrier wellness checks
April 9, 2020
Effective April 9
To: Financial institutions serviced by the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta and its Branches in New Orleans, Jacksonville, and Miami, and their armored carriers
Effective April 9, the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta and its branches in New Orleans, Jacksonville, and Miami will implement mandatory wellness checks of all armored carrier personnel coming to our docks to deliver and pickup cash. Please notify your drivers in all locations that they will encounter these new procedures upon arrival at the Federal Reserve Bank.
Armored Carrier representatives are required to wear cloth face coverings
In response to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (Off-site) recent guidance advising everyone, whether or not they have symptoms of COVID-19, to cover their face with a mask or cloth in public settings where social distancing is difficult to maintain, all armored carrier representatives entering our buildings are required to wear a face mask or a cloth face covering. As a reminder, the use of masks does not eliminate the need to practice social distancing where possible.
Federal Reserve Wellness Check Process
Wellness checks of armored carrier personnel will be conducted by a Federal Reserve Law Enforcement officer at the point of vehicle inspection and will consist of wellness questions followed by a temperature check, measured with a contactless thermometer.
- If all carrier representatives pass the wellness check, the process will follow as normal.
- Federal Reserve Law Enforcement officers will not allow the carrier representative(s) or the vehicle access to the dock to complete their transactions if:
- Any armored carrier representative present in the vehicle does not pass the wellness check process.
- Any armored carrier representatives in the vehicle either refuse the wellness check or to wear a face covering.
- If an armored carrier vehicle and representatives are denied access to the dock due to a wellness check, the Federal Reserve Bank will contact the armored carrier company to discuss access requirements.
Please refer to the April 1 Federal Reserve System announcement for more information.
Service and Support
Please contact the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta Cash Services department at (877) 553-9735 if you have any questions.
Thank you for your cooperation as the U.S. cash supply chain responds to the COVID-19 pandemic.