FedCash® Services: Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis and its Branch in Helena implement mandatory armored carrier wellness checks
April 16, 2020
Effective April 27
To: Financial institutions serviced by the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis and its Branch in Helena, and their armored carriers
On April 27, the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis and its Branch in Helena will implement mandatory wellness checks of all armored carrier personnel coming to our docks to deliver and pickup currency and coin. If you haven’t already, please notify your drivers in all locations that they will encounter these new procedures upon arrival at the Federal Reserve Bank.
Armored Carrier representatives are required to wear cloth face coverings
In response to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (Off-site) recent guidance advising everyone, whether or not they have symptoms of COVID-19, to cover their face in public settings where social distancing is difficult to maintain, all armored carrier representatives entering the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis premises are required to wear a face covering provided by the armored carrier.
Any armored carrier arriving without a face covering will be required to accept and wear a dust mask from the Bank during their onsite visit. Our expectation is that armored carriers will arrive with a face covering. This promotes the health and safety of both the carriers and Federal Reserve employees. As a reminder, the use of face covering does not eliminate the need to practice social distancing where possible.
Federal Reserve Wellness Check Process
Wellness checks of armored carrier personnel will be conducted by a Federal Reserve Law Enforcement officer and will consist of several wellness questions.
- If all carrier representatives pass the wellness check, the process will follow as normal.
- Federal Reserve Law Enforcement officers will not allow the carrier representative(s) or the vehicle access to the dock to complete their transactions if:
- Any armored carrier representative present in the vehicle does not pass the wellness check process.
- Any armored carrier representatives in the vehicle either refuse the wellness check or to wear a face covering.
- If an armored carrier vehicle and representatives are denied access to the dock due to a wellness check, the Federal Reserve Bank will contact the armored carrier company to discuss access requirements.
Please refer to the April 1 Federal Reserve System announcement for more information.
Service and Support
Please contact the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis Cash Services department if you have any questions:
- For the Minneapolis office call (612) 204-5227
- For the Helena Branch call (406) 447-3931
Thank you for your cooperation as the U.S. cash supply chain responds to the COVID-19 pandemic.