FedCash® Services: Federal Reserve Cash Depot in Buffalo, NY implements mandatory armored carrier wellness checks
April 22, 2020
To: Financial institutions serviced by the Federal Reserve Cash Depot in Buffalo, NY and their armored carriers
In early April, Brink’s, the Buffalo Federal Reserve cash depot operator, implemented mandatory wellness checks of all armored carrier personnel coming to the depot dock to deliver and pickup currency and coin. If you haven’t already, please notify your drivers in all locations that they will encounter these new procedures upon arrival at the Buffalo cash depot.
Buffalo depot wellness check process
Wellness checks of armored carrier personnel will be conducted by Brink’s employees and will consist of several wellness questions followed by a temperature check.
- In accordance with a recent New York state executive order, Brink’s will require that all armored carrier representatives and other visitors wear face masks/coverings at all times while on the dock or inside the facility.
- At least one armored carrier representative must not fail the wellness check in order to be allowed to complete the transaction(s).
- If there is only one armored carrier representative in the vehicle and:
- They pass the wellness check, they will be asked to sanitize their hands and enter the depot facility to complete the transaction(s) as normal.
- They fail or refuse the wellness check, they will be asked to leave immediately without completing the transaction(s).
- If there is more than one representatives in the vehicle and:
- All representatives pass the wellness check, they will be required to sanitize their hands and complete the transaction(s) as normal.
- One or more representative(s) fail or refuse the wellness check, they must stay in the armored carrier vehicle during the transaction. The representatives that pass the wellness check will be required to sanitize their hands before entering the depot facility and complete the transaction(s) as normal.
- All representatives either refuse or fail the wellness check, they will be asked to leave immediately without concluding the transaction(s).
Service and Support
Please contact the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland Cash Services department at (216) 579-2274 if you have any questions.
Thank you for your cooperation as the U.S. cash supply chain responds to the COVID-19 pandemic.