FedCash® Services: Federal Reserve Cash Depot in Pittsburgh, PA implements mandatory armored carrier wellness checks
April 22, 2020
To: Financial institutions serviced by the Federal Reserve Cash Depot in Pittsburgh, PA and their armored carriers
In early April, Brink’s, the Pittsburgh Federal Reserve cash depot operator, implemented mandatory wellness checks of all armored carrier personnel coming to the depot dock to deliver and pickup currency and coin. If you haven’t already, please notify your drivers in all locations that they will encounter these new procedures upon arrival at the Pittsburgh cash depot.
Pittsburgh depot wellness check process
Wellness checks of armored carrier personnel will be conducted by Brink’s employees and will consist of several wellness questions followed by a temperature check.
- At least one armored carrier representative must not fail the wellness check in order to be allowed to complete the transaction(s).
- If there is only one armored carrier representative in the vehicle and:
- They pass the wellness check, they will be asked to sanitize their hands and enter the depot facility to complete the transaction(s) as normal.
- They fail or refuse the wellness check, they will be asked to leave immediately without completing the transaction(s).
- If there is more than one representatives in the vehicle and:
- All representatives pass the wellness check, they will be required to sanitize their hands and complete the transaction(s) as normal.
- One or more representative(s) fail or refuse the wellness check, they must stay in the armored carrier vehicle during the transaction. The representatives that pass the wellness check will be required to sanitize their hands before entering the depot facility and complete the transaction(s) as normal.
- All representatives either refuse or fail the wellness check, they will be asked to leave immediately without concluding the transaction(s).
Cloth face covering is encouraged
In response to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (Off-site) recent guidance advising everyone, whether or not they have symptoms of COVID-19, to cover their face with a mask or cloth in public settings where social distancing is difficult to maintain, all armored carrier representatives entering the cash depot are encouraged to wear a face mask or a cloth face covering. As a reminder, the use of masks does not eliminate the need to practice social distancing where possible.
Service and Support
Please contact the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland Cash Services department at (216) 579-2274 if you have any questions.
Thank you for your cooperation as the U.S. cash supply chain responds to the COVID-19 pandemic.