FedCash® Services: Federal Reserve Cash Depot in Oklahoma City, OK implements mandatory armored carrier wellness checks
April 27, 2020
To: Financial institutions serviced by the Federal Reserve Cash Depot in Oklahoma City, OK and their armored carriers
Effective April 21, Loomis, the Oklahoma City Federal Reserve cash depot operator implemented mandatory wellness checks of all armored carrier personnel coming to the depot dock to deliver and pick up currency and coin. If you haven’t already, please notify your drivers in all locations that they will encounter these new procedures upon arrival at the Oklahoma City cash depot.
Personal protective equipment is required
All armored carrier representatives entering a Loomis cash depot are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE), consisting of a face mask or a cloth face covering, and gloves. As a reminder, the use of masks does not eliminate the need to practice social distancing where possible.
Oklahoma City depot wellness check process
Wellness checks of armored carrier personnel will be conducted by Loomis management and will consist of several wellness questions followed by a temperature check with a contactless thermometer.
- At least one armored carrier representative must pass the wellness check in order to be allowed to complete the transaction(s).
- If there is only one armored carrier representative in the vehicle and:
- They pass the wellness check, they will be allowed to enter the depot facility to complete the transaction(s) as normal.
- They fail or refuse the wellness check, they will be asked to leave immediately without completing the transaction(s).
- If there is more than one representatives in the vehicle and:
- All representatives pass the wellness check, they will be allowed to enter the depot facility to complete the transaction(s) as normal.
- One or more representative(s) fail or refuse the wellness check, they must stay in a designated area during the transaction. The representatives who pass the wellness check will be allowed to enter the depot facility.
- All representatives either refuse or fail the wellness check, they will be asked to leave immediately without concluding the transaction(s).
Service and Support
Please contact the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Cash Services department at (214) 922-6815 if you have any questions.
Thank you for your cooperation as the U.S. cash supply chain responds to the COVID-19 pandemic.