As the payments landscape evolves toward faster and more secure processing, the Federal Reserve Banks continuously strive to maintain and support high-quality FedACH Services. In September 2018, we announced plans to begin modernizing the platform we use to support FedACH processing services. The new platform is currently targeted for implementation in the second half of 2020.
We are designing a more distributed processing infrastructure that will allow added flexibility and scalability to help ensure the continuing efficiency and business value of FedACH Services. This strategic investment in technology is designed to:
- Enable new and improved FedACH transaction and information services
- Reduce time to market for enhancements to our FedACH products and services
- Demonstrate our commitment to modernizing our current payments platforms
- Prepare for the future needs of payments in the United States
The Federal Reserve Banks will complete rigorous internal and customer testing as part of the implementation process. Internal testing is underway, and we anticipate that customer testing will begin in mid-2020.
All FedACH customers are encouraged to test with us. Customer testing will occur in waves, with each wave lasting approximately three weeks. Customers will be notified of their assigned test window well in advance and, at that time, will be provided specific testing instructions.
For now, you can stay informed by taking the following actions:
- Review the customer-facing changes
- Sign up to receive future communications
- Visit and bookmark our resource center
We value the trust you place in the Federal Reserve Banks and continually strive to meet your needs for secure and reliable payments services. Please reach out to a member of our FedACH and Check Services Customer Support staff with any questions about these changes.