In just a few weeks, the third Same Day ACH processing and settlement window will take effect on March 19. Are you ready?
In order to assist your institution with implementation of the new processing window, we have published several FedACH® resources on our Same Day ACH Resource Center that include:
- Updated FedACH processing schedule
- Sample settlement advice, summary report and new accounting transaction codes
- New settlement advice numbers
- Sample processing and settlement scenarios
- Still holding files for release after the 2:45 p.m. ET processing deadline? Check out our recent Fed360® article on how the third processing window will impact those stale-dated entries.
- As a reminder, AJ19 files will no longer be distributed. Instead, a normal output file will be generated to include both Same Day and next day items, if they are available.
Effective March 8, we will be modifying the National Settlement Service and Fedwire® Funds Service, as well as related changes to the Federal Reserve Policy on Payment System Risk (PSR policy). Additionally, in response to these modifications, we are amending Operating Circular 6, Funds Transfers Through the Fedwire Funds Service, Operating Circular 12, Multilateral Settlement and Operating Circular 4, Automated Clearing House Items. Please visit the Operating Circulars page for more information.
See the article “Discount Window closing time extended to 7 p.m. ET, effective March 8 ” in this Fed360 issue.
If you have further questions, please contact FedACH and Check Services Customer Support.