The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to providing an efficient and secure check processing system for our customers. As part of this commitment, we will perform internal Check Services platform upgrades beginning Friday, June 10, 2022, at noon ET and continue through the afternoon of Saturday, June 11, 2022. During this period, files will not be processed and there will be no acknowledgements or deposit notifications delivered for FedForward®/FedReturn® deposits.
What is impacted?
- Connectivity channels (e.g., the FedLine® Solutions, Axway Secure Client, Connect:Direct) will remain open to allow customers to transmit deposit files throughout the implementation.
- FedForward deposit files received after noon ET and FedReturn deposit files received after 12:30 p.m. ET on Friday, June 10 will be held in queue until file processing resumes. Items held in queue will be presented and will settle on Monday, June 13, as normal.
- No acknowledgements or deposit notifications will be delivered for FedForward/FedReturn deposits once the last deposit deadline is passed for the business day of Friday. Sending banks that do not receive a deposit notification during the software upgrade should not resend any files. When processing resumes, customers will receive deposit notifications for any files sent during the maintenance period.
- Our deposit deadline of 9 p.m. ET on Sunday remains in effect. Any deposits normally sent to the Fed on Friday and Saturday will be billed at the same lowest tier rate. Specific pricing information can be found on the Check Products & Services.
- The FedReceipt® Accelerated Imaged Returns Delivery Service will not send any accelerated deliveries and customers will not be billed for these files. The affected files will be sent in the first FedReceipt file Monday morning and customers should be prepared for unusually high volume in this file.
- The FedPayments® Reporter Service for Check will not send any reports Friday afternoon for Monday’s business date. Reports will resume Monday morning for Monday’s business date. Customers will not be billed for reports during this time. Please ensure that any operational areas that depend on these reports are aware they will not be created.
- The FedDetectSM Duplicate Treasury Check Notifier Service is not impacted by this upgrade and notices will be sent as normal.
What actions should you take?
Ensure that operational teams are aware that files will not be processed during the implementation period.
This upgrade does not present any procedural or systematic changes to customers during the implementation window beyond the items described above. Customer testing will not be available for this implementation.
If you have questions regarding these changes, please contact FedACH® and Check Services Customer Support.