Fedwire® Funds Service
Fedwire participants can use this service to send or receive payments for their own accounts or on behalf of corporate or individual clients, to settle commercial payments, to settle positions with other financial institutions or clearing arrangements, to submit federal tax payments or to buy and sell federal funds.
The Fedwire Funds Service is a real-time, gross settlement system. Each transaction is processed individually and settled upon receipt via a highly secure electronic network. Settlement of funds is immediate, final and irrevocable (See Operating Circular 6 for specific terms and conditions.).
Internet Protocol-based access is available via either the FedLine Direct® or FedLine Advantage® Solutions. Offline access is also available for lower-volume users.
Discover how the Fedwire Funds Service can benefit your financial institution
- Flexible online access alternatives
- Access to a broad network
- Real-time processing
- Final and irrevocable funds settlement
- Immediate availability of funds
- Security and reliability
- Low transaction fees
- Access to streamlined after-the-fact analysis of payment transactions and a historical transaction database to help automate manual reporting processes with the FedTransaction Analyzer® tool
Learn more about the Fedwire Funds Service by viewing the product sheet (PDF).
Visit the International Payments Resource Center to review all of your options for making international payments.