FedCash® Services Depositing and Ordering
FedCash Services provide your institution with the ability to order and deposit currency and coin with the Federal Reserve Banks. To obtain FedCash Services, you must have:
- An account with the Federal Reserve Banks, or a settlement relationship with a correspondent institution. For more information on setting up a new account contact your account executive or review Accounting Services Setup;
- A subscription to the FedLine Web® Solution. Depository institutions are required to maintain the confidentiality and security of any access control features, such as user IDs and passwords, that the Federal Reserve Bank provides to you; and
- Arrangements with an armored carrier for transportation of cash. If armored carrier transportation is not available, institutions may, with prior approval from the Federal Reserve Bank, use the U.S. Postal Service registered mail (and fourth class mail for coin) as the means of transportation.
Detailed information regarding procedures is available for the following services:
In addition, your institution will need to familiarize itself with currency and coin depositing and ordering deadlines for your servicing Federal Reserve Office.
The Federal Reserve previously announced its intent to implement the change in the cash order deadline on April 27, 2020 and first announced the implementation on February 3, 2020. However, as the U.S. cash supply chain was collectively focused on meeting cash demand in the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Federal Reserve postponed the implementation until further notice. We are now proceeding with the establishment of the national cash order deadline.
Institutions may order cash via the FedLine Web® Solution, which is designed to be secure and reliable.
Fed Dock Experience Guiding Principles
The Fed Dock Experience Guiding Principles is based on feedback from Armored Carriers and Federal Reserve FedCash operations on how to approach daily Fed Dock activities in a way that improves time, safety and compliance. Summarized within the document are key existing Fed requirements—focused on how Carriers and Fed tellers can carry them out in a partnered and principled way.
- Fed Dock Experience Guiding Principles Guide (PDF)
- Fed Dock Experience Guiding Principles Webinar (Off-site)