FedImage® Services Setup
Thank you for choosing FedImage Services. We are excited to work with you to make this a smooth and easy transition.
Following are the steps to take to streamline your implementation process, including contacts to help you with questions at any step along the way. If you need overall advice in any step of the process, consult your account executive.
Step 1—Select Service Options
Confirm FedImage Services is right for your organization.
Step 2—Assess Access Needs
Use the following links to determine which access solution provides the services/features your institution needs and the number and type of Subscribers who will need access to those solutions in your organization.
- Review the 2022 FedLine Solutions Comparison Matrix (PDF)
- Review the FedLine Web® Setup and FedLine Advantage® Setup
- Determine Subscriber Access Levels needed
- Review the FedLine® Solutions National Business Continuity Guide to help ensure that your security and contingency procedures are aligned with the appropriate FedLine Solution
Step 3—Review Rules and Regulations
Federal Reserve Financial Services use is governed by applicable Operating Circulars (OCs). In addition, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System has responsibility for implementing certain laws pertaining to a wide range of banking and financial activities. The following apply to Check Services:
Applies to the handling of all cash items that we accept for forward collection and all returned checks that we accept for return.
Collection of checks and other items by Federal Reserve Banks and funds transfers through Fedwire® Services.
Includes regulations concerning availability of funds.
Step 4—Complete Forms/Agreements
Now that you've determined your FedLine Solution, service features and your hardware and software requirements, you can proceed to fill out the appropriate forms to begin the setup process.
The following links include the most common forms and agreements that may be required for implementation:
- Board Resolution and Official Authorization List (OAL) (standard form required by the Federal Reserve Banks)
- Check 21-Enabled Services Agreement and Set Up Form (PDF)
Current FedLine Solution Customers:
- An End User Authorization Contact (EUAC) with authority to manage access for Check services should submit a Subscriber request via the EUAC Center within FedLine Home to give new Subscribers access to or to modify current Subscribers' access to include FedImage Services. EUACs must define access levels for each Subscriber in your organization.
- Otherwise, your organization must first submit a modified EUAC Form (PDF) to authorize your EUAC to manage access for Check Services.
New FedLine Customers:
To sign up for the FedImage® Gateway Retrieval Service:
- If you would like to sign up for the FedImage Gateway Retrieval Service, contact your account executive for the proper forms and agreements that may be required for implementation.
- Federal Reserve Bank External Technical Contact Credential Request Form for FedImage Gateway Retrieval (PDF)
Questions? Contact FedACH and Check Services Customer Support at P: (877) 372-2457.
Step 5—Schedule Testing and Production Date
Once your paperwork is received, a representative from the Federal Reserve Banks will call you to establish a testing schedule and production date. Testing requirements will vary based on the services you have selected.