Fedwire® Services Hours and Testing Opportunities
To facilitate the day-to-day payment operations of financial institutions nationwide, we offer you the following resources for Fedwire Services. If you have specific questions about this information, please contact your Wholesale Operations Site.
The Fedwire Services Operating Hours and Extension Guidelines set out the hours of operation and the process for requesting an extension to those hours. If you have specific questions about this information, please contact your Wholesale Operations Site.
Fedwire Services Testing Opportunities
The Federal Reserve Banks recognize that widely available and reliable testing is an essential component of Fedwire Services. To meet this need, we operate the Depository Institution Testing (DIT) environment on a daily basis Monday through Saturday, and a second DIT environment (DIT 2) dedicated to special testing such as ISO 20022, which is available Monday through Friday. In addition, on selected Saturdays, the production environment is available for customer testing.
The FedLine Direct® Message Environment and Configuration Change Matrix identifies the appropriate steps, lead times, and schedules to test changes you wish to make to your FedLine Direct environment.
The following types of test are available:
- 1Q 23 - DIT
- 2Q 23 - DIT
- 3Q 23 - DIT
- 4Q 23 - DIT
- 1Q 23 - DIT 2
- 2Q 23 - DIT 2
- 3Q 23 - DIT 2
- 4Q 23 - DIT 2
- Weekday Testing Schedule
- Saturday DIT Schedule
- Disruptive Testing
- DIT Hours of Operation
- After Hours Testing
- Securities Holdings
- End-of-Day Reports
Schedule a Test
A Test Request Form must be filled out to account for all testing activity. Testing dates are subject to change at any time should an internal Federal Reserve Bank need arise. To receive proper communication regarding testing changes, ensure Test Request Form is filled out properly.
- DIT Application Test Request Form
- The DIT environment allows institutions to perform contingency tests, train new staff and test any changes to the application or hardware that could impact your service connectivity.
- Production Application Test Request Form
- The production environment is available to accommodate testing for various scenarios, including infrastructure changes, application software changes, contingency testing and operational readiness testing prior to going live in the production environment. A Test Request Form must be submitted within (10) business days of the requested testing date.
- If you would like to perform connectivity testing only, and do not require application traffic, please complete the FedLine Direct Message Connectivity Test or Repoint Request Form (PDF).
If you wish to check the Fedwire contingency testing eligibility, please provide the RTN number information you wish to have checked and click the search button.
*indicates required information
Contingency Post Test Survey
We encourage participating organizations to provide feedback on their testing experience at the conclusion of these tests. The survey will help the Federal Reserve Banks to ensure that we continue to provide the highest level of support during these tests.
For more information about the Fedwire Funds Service, Fedwire Securities Service, or the National Settlement Service visit the service offerings pages or contact your relationship manager. If you have specific questions about the testing opportunities, please contact your Wholesale Testing Services.