FedACH® Exception Resolution Service Case Types
The guide provides up-to-date information on each FedACH Exception Resolution Service case type, including a description, proper usage, reporting time frames, the Federal Reserve Banks’ action steps and field requirements. We encourage you to bookmark this page and refer to it frequently to be sure you have the most current guidelines and procedures for submitting FedACH exceptions to the Federal Reserve Banks.
The following links provide specific information for each case type. Refer to the FedACH Exception Resolution Service Quick Reference Guide (QRG) Recap to assist you with determining which case type is applicable to you, based on your role as the originating depository financial institution (ODFI) or the receiving depository financial institution (RDFI).
Select a Case Type
- Converted Check Copy (CCC)
- General (GNRL)
- ODFI Request for Return (ODRR)
- Originator Contact Information (OCI)
- Payment Trace Request (PTR)
- RDFI Request for Late Return Acceptance (RDLR)
- Request for Proof of Debit Authorization (RPDA)
- Written Statement of Unauthorized Debit (WSUD)