Check Adjustments Services Setup
Thank you for choosing Check Adjustments Services. We are excited to work with you to make this a smooth and easy transition. Following are the steps you will need to take to streamline your implementation process, including contacts to help you with questions you might have. If you need overall advice in any step of the process, consult your account executive.
Step 1 - Select Service Options
The following information will help you determine what specific service features are right for your institution.
- Confirm the Check Adjustments Services right for your organization
Step 2 - Assess Access Needs
Processing of paper-based check adjustments does not require a FedLine® Solution; however, if you would like to receive and manage check adjustments requests via a FedLine Solution selection is required. Use the following links to determine which FedLine Solution provides the services/features your organization needs and the number and type of Subscribers who will need access to those solutions in your organization.
- Review the 2023 FedLine Solutions Services Comparison Matrix (PDF)
- Review the FedLine Solutions National Business Continuity Guide to help ensure that your security and contingency procedures are aligned with the appropriate FedLine Solution.
Step 3 - Review Rules and Regulations
Federal Reserve Financial Services use is governed by applicable Operating Circulars (OCs). In addition, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System has responsibility for implementing certain laws pertaining to a wide range of banking and financial activities. The following apply to Check Adjustments Services.
Applies to the handling of all cash items that we accept for forward collection and all returned checks that we accept for return.
Collection of checks and other items by Federal Reserve Banks and funds transfers through Fedwire® Services.
Includes regulations concerning availability of funds.
Step 4 - Review Processing Documentation
Resources are available to help you use the services to its fullest potential. Before your start-up date, it is good to become familiar with those listed here.
- Check Adjustments Quick Reference Guide
- Electronic Check Adjustments Entry Information
- Check Adjustments Forms
Step 5 - Review Hardware/Software Requirements
If you are using a FedLine® Solution, evaluate all internal software/hardware systems and compare to Federal Reserve Bank requirements to determine if changes are needed for a successful production cutover.
- The FedLine Web® Solution hardware/software requirements
- The FedLine Advantage® Solution hardware/software requirements
Step 6 - Complete Forms/Agreements
Now that you've determined the appropriate service features and reviewed the processing documentation, you can proceed to document all your decisions in the required forms.
The following links include the most common forms and agreements that may be required for implementation, but additional forms and agreements may be required by your Federal Reserve Bank. Please contact your account executive to determine if additional forms are required.
- Ensure that your organization has submitted Board Resolution and Official Authorization List (OAL) using the standard form required by the Federal Reserve Banks.
Current FedLine Solution Subscribers:
- An End User Authorization Contact (EUAC) must submit a Subscriber request via the EUAC Center within FedLine Home to modify your access to include Check Adjustments Services.
Questions? Contact the Customer Contact Center.
Non-FedLine Solution Customers:
Questions? Contact your Customer Contact Center.